Saturday 29 March 2008

Update

Andrzej Sapkowski's The Last Wish - the most commented-on book in my blog's history - will shortly be published in the USA by Orbit US. Ahead of its release, Pat from Pat's Fantasy Hotlist has published a somewhat critical review here, which may be of interest to some.

I am currently reading Troy: Fall of Kings by David and Stella Gemmell, and have Shadow Gate by Kate Elliott and The Flood by Stephen Baxter on the to-read pile. I've also been promised a review copy of Scott Bakker's Neuropath shortly. I'm also hoping to finally move onto Celia Friedman's second Coldfire book (five months after I read the first one) and China Mieville's The Scar in the near-ish future. As I mentioned previously though, I also want to tackle a full re-read of A Song of Ice and Fire before A Dance with Dragons is (touch wood) published in November. The reading piles grows larger...

I also have a 90,000-word 'preview' of a forthcoming epic fantasy novel by one of the most notable authors in the genre (no, it's not that one, which God would probably have a tough time getting to see a preview of before it was finished) which I hope to finish tomorrow. It's already challenging Last Argument of Kings as the epic fantasy novel to beat in 2008.

I am currently rewatching the entire series of Babylon 5. I completed the DS9 rewatch some weeks ago and hope get around to doing up some reviews of Seasons 3-7 shortly.

Season 4 of Battlestar Galactica begins in the USA on the Sci-Fi Channel on Friday, with UK transmission on Sky One in the following week. Doctor Who's fourth (or thirtieth, depending on how you count it) season begins next Saturday. Lost remains off the air until 24 April.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Start reading Flood Wert, I need a review of that one ;)

Cal