Tuesday 14 July 2009

David Gemmell Award audio recording available now

The David Gemmell Award organisers have released an audio recording of the ceremony here. It's worth checking out, if just for James Barclay's dramatic re-enactment of Druss' speech from Legend that kicked off proceedings.

Award winner Andrzej Sapkowski also had this to say about receiving the award:

"I am very happy and proud to be a winner in the contest for The David Gemmell Legend Award, the prize precious to me indeed, as I am a great admirer of the writings of the late David A. Gemmell. I would like to express my gratitude to all the readers who voted for my book. I would also like to thank and congratulate all the other fellow writers in the final poll. Finally, it is fantasy - our genre - that was the ultimate winner."

No comments: