Saturday 10 April 2010

Richard Morgan working on CRYSIS 2

EA and CryTek have held a big launch event in New York City for their forthcoming shooter sequel, Crysis 2. The follow-up to 2007's Crysis and its expansion, Warhead, the new game picks up the story three years after the first game. The aliens have escaped from the island and overrun parts of the globe, and are now attacking New York. It's up to the team from the first game to battle the aliens in the city. At the same time, a new corporate thriller element has entered the equation with the creators of the Nanosuit objecting to their technology's use and sending agents to recover it from the main game character.


As well as focusing on the details of the game, CryTek revealed that SF author Richard Morgan has worked on the story for the game, focusing on making the story less predictable and more surprising than in the first game. The title will be released on PC and, for the first time for a CryTek game, on PS3 and X-Box 360 for Christmas this year.

3 comments:

Jack Hamm said...

Excellent news. I normally don't care much about story in my FPS, but if Richard Morgan is there, I'm keen.

Chris M said...

That's great news. I really liked the tactical use of the suit. A shame I couldn't get Crysis working on my PC at some point, now it can't even start up despite several reinstalls.
And I was just about at the ending too. :(

David Wagner said...

Any word on the minimum specs to run it well? Do I need to upgrade again, eh? Here's hoping they release a playable demo...

Thanks for the update. I saw a couple screenies of this in PC Gamer a month or two ago. Can't wait.