Friday 21 May 2010

Cover art and update

This is the UK cover for Tad Williams' Shadowheart, the concluding volume of the Shadowmarch quartet, due in November (courtesy of Jussi at Westeros):


Nice.

Reading: Helliconia Spring by Brian W. Aldiss.
Reading Pile: I have Helliconia Summer and Winter by the same author standing by, along with City of Ruins by Mark Newton, The Dervish House by Ian McDonald and The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi as high prority reads.
Watching: Ashes to Ashes Season 3 and Lost Season 6.
Playing: Actually, nothing at the moment.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You should be playing Alan Wake!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be delaying your Malazan reread now that The Crippled God is delayed? I was looking forward to your thoughts on the earlier novels.

Adam Whitehead said...

Interesting thought, I hadn't considered that I can now delay the MBF reread. This is handy as the sheer number of ARCs recently received would have made fitting in the reread difficult, but now I can put it back to September or October with no major issues. I may also only reread up to THE BONEHUNTERS, as I have reviewed the more recent three books already on the blog.

"You should be playing Alan Wake!"

It's not out on PC yet. And when it does come out, my PC will melt before it could even think about making it work.

Calibandar said...

I'm really interested in your reviews of the Quantum Thief and Dervish House. Reviews sofar are understandable scarce and both have good buzz attached to them, but it's hard to get an idea of what these books are about from the sketchy synopsis.

Adam Whitehead said...

THE QUANTUM THIEF's cover blurb makes it sound like a mash-up of Scott Lynch and Greg Egan, but we'll see. I don't think I've seen a single review so far, but since I think I got one of the very first ARCs, that's not surprising (Gollancz only got their copies back from the printers last week, I believe).

My plan is to finish HELLICONIA SPRING and then read the rather short QUANTUM THIEF (only 260 pages in ARC) before returning to the trilogy.