Friday 15 March 2019

Thanks to George R.R. Martin (and the Hugos)

I should have mentioned this earlier (as today is the last day for Hugo nominations), but I have a very British aversion to self-promotion. Anyway, I have to extend my thanks to George R.R. Martin for recommending people to vote for myself for Best Fan Writer at the 2019 Hugo Awards.



In terms of eligibility, I'm eligible for Best Fan Writer and the Wertzone is eligible for Best Fanzine (a bit of a misnomer, as it has now become dominated by online blogs). I don't have any other works that are eligible. In terms of past history, I've been longlisted twice and my History of Epic Fantasy article series was longlisted in 2016, but I've never made it onto the shortlist.

Whatever the situation, I will be at WorldCon in Dublin in August, and at the EuroCon/TitanCon in Belfast (where GRRM is Guest of Honour) the following week.

3 comments:

Benjamin Thomas said...

Best of luck to you Adam. Your hard work on our behalf is much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Been following your blog for years man. You deserve it as your attention to detail, polished and professional writing, and degree of expertise across such a wide array of subject matter is truly remarkable.

Have you ever considered writing your own novel or series? I think you definitely have the ability, assuming the desire is there.

Mike said...

Wow! Congratulations! What an honor!