Tuesday 28 June 2011

Some new cover art

First up, the US cover art for The Fractal Prince by Hannu Rajaniemi, the follow-up to the well-received Quantum Thief.


Some smart Finnish cover art, as pointed out by Jussi at Westeros.org. From left to right, that's Richard Morgan's Black Man, Gene Wolfe's The Shadow of the Torturer and Steph Swainston's No Present Like Time.



And also the Finnish edition of China Mieville's The City and the City.


Cool stuff. I like these Finnish covers, quite moody and interesting.

5 comments:

Justin said...

Killer cover for City from Mieville. It really has a noir feel, although I don't feel like the novel had that feel so maybe a bit misleading.

And can't wait for the Fractal Prince.

jamie said...

Gah, the Fractal Prince voer is lovely, though that may just be my obsession with Kekai Kotaki. I almost want to buy the US version of The Quantum Thief so I can have that as well. I also really like the City and the City cover, it gets the central idea across, but the style is a bit off-putting for me.

On the other hand the Gene Wolfe cover is a beauty.

Alexander Field said...

Love these covers, especially Mieville. Thanks for posting!

Richard Raley said...

Love the Fractal Prince cover.

Yona said...

great covers.
however, it's ridculous to put that quote on the "fractal prince" cover...