Thursday 30 July 2009

First review of THE GATHERING STORM

Dragonmount has the first review of the twelfth Wheel of Time novel, The Gathering Storm. According to the review, Brandon Sanderson has done a stellar job of continuing the series and has delivered a more focused and intense novel than some other recent ones in the series. In particular, it sounds like it delivers some much-needed attention on the series' central character, Rand al'Thor, who has taken a backseat role in the previous two novels in the sequence.

The novel is published on 5 November 2009 and will almost certainly be the biggest-selling fantasy novel of this year.

2 comments:

Longasc said...

I am disappointed. He read the book, felt the need to tell us that, but nothing more.

And the novel is great, of course. Backed up by... zero facts and almost no personal impressions.

I will refrain from using harsher words, but this review/report/impression is a worthless nerdgasm.

bloggeratf said...

@ Longasc

I don't really agree. I am VERY happy that Jason chose not to post anything beyond what he did as I would have read whatever is there, and I don't want to read any spoilers before having the book in my hands. There were a number of personal impressions, both implicit and explicit, and generally I thought it was a fun post.

Thanks for linking to this. *wipes foam off mouth*