Friday 17 July 2009

Update

Lots of rumours boiling around Sean Bean possibly being cast as Ned Stark in HBO's Game of Thrones. I'll withold a full blog entry until it is 100% confirmed though, which might not be until well into next week if HBO haven't released anything by now. Encouraging news anyway.

Put the Discworld reading on hold to read Songs of the Dying Earth. Normally with collections I review the stories as part of the over-review of the whole book, but this collection is massive, twenty-three stories, some of them pretty long. I might have to break the review into smaller chunks to make it easier to digest. I'll see how I go.

After an extremely long time I finally got back into The Witcher and hope to finish it before the end of the summer (only putting an hour or two into it a day). Nice to be playing a decent-sized RPG for once.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to finish The Witcher, unfortunately I'm stuck with a rather frustrating crash bug (towards the end of the game). I had hoped that the most recent patch (which disables the copy protection)would fix things...only they've yet to push the newest patch through Steam.

Adam Whitehead said...

Ironically, just after posting that I got into Part III and saw how much of the game was left to go, so I took a break to do some old-school DUNGEON KEEPER II gaming.

Although getting it to work on XP is a headache, so I might give up and go back to THE WITCHER in a bit. A good game, but very inconsistent.

Maurice said...

I just started it and am liking it a lot. I just finished Neverwinter Nights 2, which has a very engaging story as well.