Sunday 20 February 2011

An Invitation to Westeros

HBO have released a new behind-the-scenes video for Game of Thrones. This one focuses on the different parts of the Seven Kingdoms and the major locations where the action will take place. There's plenty of new material from the episodes themselves, including a sequence where Maester Aemon (Peter Vaughan) and Lord Commander Jeor Mormont (James Cosmo) beg Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) for help, as the Night's Watch is under-strength and vulnerable.



The first two episodes were also shown to cast and crew on Friday in London, and were apparently well-received. Review screeners should be going out in late March, so it'll be interested to see what those who are unfamiliar with the books make of it.

4 comments:

Davieboy said...

Hmm, time to stop watching these teasers methinks. I want to experience watching the show without knowing every little thing about it. Hard to refrain however...

BAndy said...

I agree - I remember when the LOTR movies were being made - I followed the progress religiously, watching every video and reading every tidbit. Not so much for the first movie, but by the time I saw "The Two Towers" in the theater, I felt like I had already seen much of the movie already - and I really regretted watching all those teasers..

Adam Whitehead said...

Good points, although I think in total less than 3 minutes of actual finished footage with dialogue has been seen in all of these trailers, teasers and behind-the-scenes features, out of the approximate 550 minutes that make up Season 1 ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thank God- Winter Is Coming;)