Friday 1 April 2011

New book covers from Gollancz

Some new cover art for your consideration:


The Islanders by Christopher Priest, his first novel since 2002's brilliant The Separation, is my most eagerly-anticipated novel of the year (yes, including ADWD). It's due in September.


The UK cover for Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker, due in December.


The cover for Alastair Reynolds' Blue Remembered Earth, due in January 2012.

In all cases this is work-in-progress which may be subject to change before release.

5 comments:

Joel said...

Wow, not so much on the Warbreaker cover. I love the U.S. version but this one is way off the mark.

Jacob @ Drying Ink said...

I like the style of the Brandon Sanderson cover, but I preferred the more stylised covers for Mistborn, I think. Still, great covers! Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

The Warbreaker cover is atrocious.

More importantly, the The Islanders cover, while appropriately low-key and odd, will not fit in with my copies of The Prestige and The Affirmation (or any other Priest novel I buy, since they're all in a matching set of covers now).

-Wastrel

Ian Sales said...

They spelt Poseidon wrong.

Anonymous said...

Love The Islanders cover. One of the rare covers that would make me buy it in a bookstore without any prior knowledge of the book. The design has an intriguing retro look (like the better cover of the 1960's - 1970's) - but also looks futuristic at the same time. Also reminds me of the Marmite Jar Label for some reason.