Wednesday 12 September 2012

New WILD CARDS UK cover artwork

The Wild Cards series is being relaunched in the UK by Gollancz with all-new cover artwork.


Wild Cards will be released in November, followed by Aces High the following month. The third book, Jokers Wild, will be released in March 2013. The series will then jump to the newer volumes, with Inside Straight coming out in June 2013. Sales will determine if the other earlier books in the series will be reprinted at a later date.

I must admit, these covers are quite nice. They're not Michael Komarck, but there's some nice understatement to them (er, giant dinosaur aside) and good use of the card motif. It will be interesting to see the covers for the later books.

3 comments:

Caligula_K said...

How wonderful for all seven wild card fans out there!

Geeds said...

I am absolutely refusing to read these books until the editor gets his act together regarding his magnum opus - I'm not so bothered about him getting a heart attack before the series is finished, its my own cardiac health I'm starting to worry about - I feel like I've aged 16 years since I started reading his work (and I'm still not sure if he can finish it in just 2 more books)

Kathryn said...

Ugh. Rendered 3D.