Thursday 20 September 2012

Happy 10th birthday to FIREFLY

Today is (disturbingly, as I still think of it as a newish series) the tenth anniversary of the airing of the first episode of Firefly in the USA. Though not actually the first episode, since Fox TV in their infinite wisdom decided to delay showing the pilot until later in the run and instead aired the second episode, The Train Job, first.


The series only ran for thirteen episodes, but has since become a cult phenomenon, selling millions of DVDs and Blu-Rays and spawning a spin-off film, Serenity.

Here's the 10th anniversary Comic-Con panel reuniting Joss Whedon, Tim Minear and many of the cast (not to mention 'The Hat') at San Diego this year:


3 comments:

The Writer said...

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand...

Brett said...

I can partially understand Fox's motives in demanding a second pilot. "Train Job" shows Mal in a much more pleasant light, and plays up the comedy aspects of the story. "Serenity" Mal is more brutal and less funny - he casually shoots a guy in the head without even breaking his stride.

Anonymous said...

Will you ever make a review for the 'Guild'? For me, it's better than 'Gamers' movies.