Friday 10 May 2013

R. Scott Bakker update

 
Via Pat, R. Scott Bakker has confirmed that he has almost completed The Unholy Consult, the concluding volume of The Aspect-Emperor Trilogy and the sixth book overall in the Second Apocalypse series. He's working on the last two chapters of the first draft now. However, the book has gotten quite large and the rewrites are apparently going to be fairly involved, so it is still impossible to project a publication date.
Just heard back from Scott this afternoon. He says he's labouring on the final two chapters of TUC and that the book is getting ridiculously big. And at this point, he has no sense of what the rewrite will entail.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the truly great fantasy series, It has been a long wait, but great news.... It'll have to be a re-read of the previous 5 to savour the last of the Aspect Emperor series for me but looking forward to it. is there still going to be a 7th in the series, sure I read that somewhere?

Adam Whitehead said...

There will be a final duology or trilogy to round things off. Bakker has refused to say what that series will be called, but it should become clear by the end of THE UNHOLY CONSULT.

Daddy Grognard said...

Hehe...hundreds more pages for Requires Only That You Hate to whine about... :)

Cursed Armada said...

I can't imagine how incredible those last couple of chapters are... Chills up my spine!!!

alabrava said...

Chalk me up as one of the people who have loved and mostly followed the events of the series, but a couple aspects of the last 2 books totally confused me, and didn't become much clearer on a reread. One is the Yatwer cult stuff, and the other is the White Luck Warrior (I know they are intertwined), my brain hurts when I get to sequences involving either of those things.

Also, ROTYH is a dumb way to go about critiquing anything. Lost in most of her screed is the fact that she can write really well, but it's lost under too much vitriol and pointless and immature name calling.

Anonymous said...

Could someone please explain to an old git (me) what ROTYH is all about..... Or provide me with a link that may provide me the background? cheers

Anonymous said...

Best series around, really. Can't wait.

C.B.