Wednesday 21 July 2010

Update

Against my better judgement I joined Twitter a couple of months ago. You can follow me there, if that sort of thing is your wont, although my Tweeting frequency is highly variable.

Kvothe after he'd pulled off the 'Great Glamdring Heist'.

This weekend is the San Diego Comic-Con, which means potentially major TV and movie announcements but relatively little on the book front. That said, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss and, erm, Christopher Paolini are on a panel together, which should be interesting. Apparently very, very early and tentative chunks of The Wise Man's Fear have been sent out to very select editors and authors for feedback (Sanderson says it's great), which is unusual, given that the final book hasn't been turned in yet.

In other news, George R.R. Martin has brutally murdered Pat from Pat's Fantasy Hotlist, which I'm sure has made him very happy. I'm betting for "Splattered under rampaging mammoth," as the causal event.

The countdown to StarCraft II continues. io9 has a reasonably brief summary of the story so far. The game launches in less than one week.

Currently reading: Canticle by Ken Scholes.
Currently watching: The IT Crowd (Season 4).
Currently playing: Alien Swam, Overlord.

3 comments:

Jim Haley said...

If I may - what I appreciate about Twitter feeds is when a blogger "tweets" a link to a new post on their blog - it saves me from having to check every blog daily to see if something new is up (kind of like getting the "headlines" on Twitter). Anyway, glad to follow your feed.

Anonymous said...

I joined Twitter against my better judgment as well about two weeks ago or so. I thought I'd hate it but I enjoy getting the updates from bloggers and authors. Like the previous comment says, it keeps me from having to search for it on an RSS feed or something.

I'm excited to hear what people think of the numerous panels that are happening at ComicCon. It should be interesting.

Adam Whitehead said...

Twitter is very useful for following blog updates and other things.

It is totally useless for conducting any kind of serious discussion, however, and I have noted a tendency of some people to use it as the online equivalent of school hall whispers, making snide and sarcastic comments about authors and other bloggers (interestingly, mostly those who are not on Twitter and thus unable to reply). Slighly odd behaviour from some otherwise very fine and respected critics and writers who wouldn't behave that way elsewhere.